Topic: Running Includes while creating build

Hi Larry,
I want to run includes script when I will create the build of webpages. Is there any way to execute the script while creating build?

2 (edited by CybrPimp 2021-08-12 05:39 am)

Re: Running Includes while creating build

Hey @Larry,

This is my developer working on the project.  He is not as versed in MPC so what he is trying to say it seems Dynamic Includes only get run when the page is browsed.

Is there a way to have it call each Dynamic Include at the time of build so the content gets created?

Is there a way to have it call each Dynamic Include at the time of build so the content gets created?

Dynamic Includes are designed to run when pages are accessed. So you cannot have them run during the Build process.

For automating content of the Build, you need to automate the content of your Source files.

You can have multiple Source files. In fact you can have a Source files for each page that gets built.

So, have your developer automate the creation of content for each Source file. Then you can use Mpc's "AutoSource" function to repeatedly insert content into a template. This would create as many Source files as you want. The Source files will be saved in your Project folder and the necessary lines in the Source list box will be setup.

Then you simply Build your Project.

I haven't made the AutoSource tutorial video yet, but there's written documentation. Right-click in the Source list box and select 'AutoSource'. In the dialog, click the 'help' button.

You'll probably want discuss AutoSource with me. You can contact me on Skype.

4 (edited by CybrPimp 2021-08-14 05:05 am)

Ok, this is completely different than what I was thinking so I'll have to wrap my head around it.

We just spent the past 3 weeks working on a script that gets called in DIs.