New Feature: Added new 'Align Items' formula to Formula Creator

Topic: New Feature: Added new 'Align Items' formula to Formula Creator

A new entry into the Formula Creator makes it easy to create aligned Vars. Now you can easily use Vars in groups. For example, whenever one Var is "City A", another Var will be "State A". More info.

Re: New Feature: Added new 'Align Items' formula to Formula Creator

Hello Larry...So we could easily create pages for every city and state in the US? is that right? thanks

A new entry into the Formula Creator makes it easy to create aligned Vars. Now you can easily use Vars in groups. For example, whenever one Var is

So we could easily create pages for every city and state in the US?

Yes.

Instead of putting a list of cities in a Path box and then entering a formula for each one to equate them to states, just put "city-state" together in a Path box. Then you only need a single formula in the "City" var and a single formula in the "State" var.

If you later add cities and states to your Project, you won't have to mess with adding any formulas in the Var boxes.

Larry,

I just played with this and it allows more than 2 variables... This is huge to get rid of having to add formulas all over the place..

Can you set up the pathname field to allow more characters.   Limited to 12 characters now.

Eric Godfrey
Local Search and Marketing Experts (LSAME)
http://LSAME.com

Can you set up the pathname field to allow more characters

I limit the custom names to 12 characters for spacing/layout purposes. The widths need to be constrained for button labels in the "Add Items to Source list box" and Formula Creator dialogs. Also in the Var panel of the Mpc Editor.

I'm Not sure what benefit you're looking for with longer custom names. Please let me know. Perhaps I can think of a different way add functionality.

Larry

I guess the name does not have to match the variables, but it would make it easier to track!

smile Just want to say thanks Larry.. You have built an awesome and powerful software!  big_smile smile

Eric Godfrey
Local Search and Marketing Experts (LSAME)
http://LSAME.com

Thanks for your comments!

On the subject of custom names matching variables. I generally keep Path and Var custom names different from each other.

For example, a Path with zipcodes listed in it, I would name "zipcode_list". The Var that I use would have a custom name of "zipcode".  This keeps the true relationship of Path vs Var vs #var# clearly in mind.