Important Security Update

Topic: Important Security Update

Today I rewrote a section of Mpc code to correct a security issue. Normally, each Mpc installation would receive this update when a user starts up the program (browses to mpc.php).

This update was so important, I decided to push the update out to all installations of Mpc instead of waiting for each install to be auto-updated on startup.

The version I forced to all installs is #256. If you had a very old version, you will probably notice Mpc "mysteriously" looks different.

If curious, you can see all the changes that have been made over time by looking at the version history.

Larry

Re: Important Security Update

Hi Larry, hope you're well!

I've been away from MPC for a little while with other projects.  Came back tonight and I don't seem to be able to do anything.  When I click ANY button (Edit, Grab, Load), the window appears to refresh but none of the popup windows open.  Same result when I right-click in MPC Files window.  Same result in Chrome and Firefox.

I checked to see if I have install #256 and sure enough I do.

Something awry in 256 or do I need to do something?  Thanks!

Cheers,

Brian

Hey Brian,

Ok. I see the problem. It's an issue with the update from versions older than 250. I'll be posting the fixed version 257 shortly.

Version 257 has been posted. Start up current version and click 'Update' button.

This should fix the non-responsive Control Panel problems some users were experiencing.

Larry